Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Talking points #7 on Lawrence

After reading "One more river to Cross" by Charles Lawrence, I immediately thought back to a few weeks ago when we did indeed do the menstruation lesson from the medical textbook. It said on that sheet that this compares to Lawrence. I'm not sure it does. I do agree that language matters. What I do see is the connection between those. I believe the same. The only connection between the class connection and this connection is that language matters. I feel like I'm missing something. I thought that this was a very difficult reading, must harder than ones we have done before. I don't really know if I am getting everything. The only thing I could see through this is what I read on the paper that said that Language matters. I did believe that his argument was political because I felt that he was pointing fingers at the politics because they were not doing anything to help prevent this in the future. I think that he believes that more can be done to prevent this and in my mind I feel he is saying that people are paying enough attention to this in their societies. I think that after hearing more about this in class and hearing what other people thought about this I would be able to develop a much better opinion about this reading. I'm sure that this will soon makes more sense when I hear more talk about this article.

No comments: